7 Important Facts To Understand When Reading Your Water Quality Report
A water quality report, also known as a consumer confidence report, lets you know what contaminants are in your drinking water if any, and how these contaminants may affect your health. The report will list all the regulated contaminants that were detected in your water over the previous year.
What Is In A Water Quality Report
- The source of the drinking water, be it a river, lake, groundwater aquifer or some other body of water
- A brief summary of the state’s source water assessment of the susceptibility of the source water to contamination and how to get a copy of the complete assessment
- EPA regulations and health goals for drinking water contaminants
- A list of all detected regulated contaminants and their levels
- Potential health effects of any contaminant detected at a level that violates EPA’s health standard
- An educational statement for people with weakened immune systems describing cryptosporidium and other microbial Contaminants
- Contact information for the water system and EPA’s Safe Drinking Water Hotline
Why Is A Water Quality Report Important
Your water company must tell you about any violation of EPA water quality standards at the time it occurs and again in the annual report. You should not drink water that fails to meet EPA standards because it may be unsafe.
Why Choose Florida Water Analysis
Stop your water from having adverse effects on your health. Contact Florida Water Analysis today. We are trained and equipped to test your water for contaminants and PH imbalances.